Choosing the Right Hotel in London for a Family Vacation
When you stay with kids, the hotel room becomes a kindergarten. They’ll jump on beds, run around, and go to bed early. You obviously need a comfortable room to survive it all. It can take days and sometimes months to find the right family hotel. First, you need to know what makes a hotel family-friendly. Only having inter-connecting rooms doesn’t make a hotel apt for a family stay. Many London hotels have special amenities and services to keep the little ones happy and entertained. Here’s how you can choose the best London hotel for a family vacation and make the most of your trip.
Location, Location, Location!
The location and neighbourhood of your hotel matters the most. Kids love to go out and have fun! Make sure that the hotel is centrally located within a short stroll from a tube station. Kids travel free on London tube. And most of the major attractions are located in Central London itself including Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Palace of Westminster, British Museum, London Aquarium, and more.
Central location means you’ll be close to at least one of the royal parks. Stay close to Hyde Park and enjoy a picnic with kids on a sunny afternoon. Regents Park has a small zoo ideal for kids while Hyde Park has stables where kids can try horse riding.
Family Friendly Facilities
You should look for family rooms, babysitting service, high chairs, and a special kids’ menu. But that’s not all! There are a few things that if ignored can make your stay an uncomfortable experience.
- Make sure to book a large room for the family to move around comfortably. Try to upgrade when you reach the hotel. You may get a sitting area to use along with the bedroom.
- Often ignored, sound-proofing is one convenience that allows you to enjoy uninterrupted sleep. And you know how annoying it is when your child wakes up in the middle of the night.
- Make sure the room has an en-suite bathroom so you can enjoy the privacy. Queue for the bathroom while getting ready in the morning is the last thing you would want.
- If your room has microwave and refrigerator, nothing is better than that. You can easily hat milk and keep your items in the fridge.
If you can afford, Montague on the Gardens is known as one of the most welcoming hotels in London for kids. If you are on a budget,
In-room Conveniences for Kids
- Most of the hotels offer in-room facilities to keep the little ones happy, comfortable, entertained, and busy. Here’s what you should look for in a room.
- Try to reserve adjoining room so your stay with kids is as comfortable as possible. There are a number of hotels in London with family rooms like Grange City, Rubens at the Palace, Mayfair Hotel, Mermaid Suite Hotel, and more.
- Not every hotel is kind enough to babysitting and none provide it for free. But suppose you’re visiting an adventure park where you can’t take your toddler. Many hotels provide babysitters to take care of your child so you can easily explore the city, go out, have fun knowing that your child is in safe hands. If you make your request in advance, you can get the same sitter throughout your stay.
We hope your stay in London with the family turns out to be memorable and hassle-free. When booking your accommodation, make sure you consider these factors to choose the best hotel to stay with your close ones in London.
- ► 2015(4)
- ► 2014(89)
- ► 2013(158)
- ► 2012(25)