To say that London is a hub for shoppers would be an understatement. It is a shopper’s paradise in the truest sense of the word. The capital city is packed to the brim, with finest stores and markets, with not even a moment to spare, for shopping aficionados around the world. From a range of lavish shopping malls, to departmental stores to the unique boutique stores, you can lay your hands on any stuff, available under the sun. Items available at flea and street markets go generously well with the pockets of frugal travellers. Have a look at some of these finest shopping places:
Stores of London
- Harrods : Ask anybody in Knightsbridge about this store and you shall come to know. Redefining standards of excellence get your cards ready to splurge in this upmarket world famous store. There are chances that you may run into your favourite celebrities who are the esteemed clients, of this one of its kind, store. Besides designer attires, an array of food items, wallets, classic watches, accessories, shoes, among many more, for all kinds of travellers, await at this store.
- Hamleys: Your kids will fall in love with the charms of this place. One of the largest toy shops in London, covering over seven floors, travellers are offered a lot of variety to chose from. You can splurge on anything from board games, crisscross puzzles, toy vehicles, action toys, soft toys, and much more for the kids of any age group.
- Harvey Nichols: A great option for men and women, this lavish place covering eight stores is bound to give you a gala time. In existence since the year 1880, visitors can go on a spree, on anything from dresses, jackets, coats, jeans, trousers, beach wear, jewellery, perfumes, shades, handbags, and shoes. Confectionary items besides great stuff for interior decorations can also be procured.
- Marks and Spencer : Find this top famous and reliable store in the Fenchurch Street in London. Fill your shopping bags with a range of designer ensembles, food which includes cakes, fruits and ready meals, and home décor stuff.
- West Field Shopping Centre: This is one of the largest shopping malls in the entire UK. With 255 stores on exhibit, which include Hackett, Dorothy Perkins, Marks & Spencer, Toyshop, Mulberry, and many more, visitors can shop till they drop.
Famous Shopping Streets
- Oxford Street- Mentioning shopping districts of London without the name of Oxford Street in it is near to impossible. With over 300 shops lining its rows running for over a mile and a half, many bargains are guaranteed to be grabbed by you, to take back home.
- Regent Street- With something or the other in store, for the brand conscious travellers, this remarkable place is worth a visit in London. Track it on London’s West End in City of Westminster. Go on an indulgent spree of exclusive garments, accessories and home equipments with many other options.
- Spitalfields Market- Travellers will discover rare splendid items in this one of the oldest and traditional flea markets of London which includes 150 covered stalls. Food lovers can relish delights in the new eateries that the place covers like La Tasca and Las Igunas.
- Covent Garden- A repertoire of contemporary street wear shops and specialty stores adorn this place. If all that shopping leads to hunger pangs, delicious gourmet food can be gorged in nearby eateries.
- Camden- A range of musical instruments, elaborate handicrafts, and junk and chic accessories, and CDs can be brought by the shoppers at this flea market in London. Book lovers can also find many books including the bestsellers, of their interest at this place.